Be the Prince’s Bride on Your Wedding Day
With engagement season and Valentine’s Day in the past, we’re rapidly approaching wedding season. You can’t mention the 2018 wedding season without talking about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. This wedding is probably the most notable one since Kim and Kanye a few years back―the difference being is that this is a Royal Wedding. How could you top that? We could only dream of having a wedding as blissful as theirs, and that's why I'm here to give you a few tips on throwing your dream wedding.
The Ins and Outs of Planning Your Wedding
1. Know your budget. Some young couples have the advantage of their parents funding their dream wedding. Others might have to be a bit craftier and pay for the party themselves. Whether you have $50,000, $5,000, or less than that to spend, know your budget and be realistic about the planning process. That's not to say your budget, if limited, is a guideline or constraint on how fabulous your party will be. Just be reasonable with what you have available.
2. Manage your expectations. Your wedding is such a special, momentous, and irreplaceable day. We’ve dreamed up our perfect dream weddings since we were little girls, and that day is finally within reach. We expect the day to go seamlessly, but that’s a little unrealistic to count on. Unfortunately, you should anticipate some imperfections. You’ll have to accept that something may go your way—whether it’s one small hair that won’t curl like you’d want or a disaster like the band showing up too late. Despite it being imperfect, your wedding will be stunning and memorable.
3. Be open. Going off my last point, you'll have to be open to ideas that might be best for you. If you have a small budget but still want a trendy and beautiful wedding, barn weddings are a great alternative that can be extremely classy, different, and enjoyable. Don't be afraid to go off the beaten path.
4. Work your connections. You might know someone who is a cake decorator or friend in a wedding band. Checkout local college boards for freelance photographers. Reach out to those people and support their businesses. I imagine they’d be delighted and ecstatic to help you.
5. Mind your guests. Don't be tempted to skimp on an appetizer to stretch your budget; always keep your attendees in mind. Everything from the seating arrangements to the music, you should consider your guests' tastes and needs. Also, keep in mind that a handful of them will turn down your invitation. They might’ve had scheduling conflicts or other strains, but don’t take this personally.
6. Don’t forget the kids. You might want an adult-only party, or you might be open to inviting children. Whatever you choose, be polite and considerate and make the rule universal to all invitees. Let’s say you have a few parents in your circle of friends; in that case, you should consider welcoming children. If you do, make arrangements at the party and reception so kids have their own outlet if needed.
7. What’s the weather? Always, always, always have a backup reception venue if you’re planning an outdoor wedding. If you live in a rainy area and are planning a wedding during the spring or summer, consider alternatives.
8. Bachelorette party! We all have that party mode when we go all out. Well, this is a chance for one last blast with your girls. You probably shouldn’t go as extreme as Scarlett Johansson in 2017’s Rough Night, so how about planning a makeup party with your girlfriends? Lingerie parties, though super fun and cute, have been done to death. If you’re looking for some new products, put it in your maid-of-honor's ear that you’d like to be sent off with a makeup party! 💄
Your wedding might not be the royal wedding, but it’s YOUR wedding. Make it fantastic and make it memorable. You should not use the royal wedding as a standard—tailor your wedding to match the personalities of you and your soon-to-be-spouse.
Look Stunning on Your Big Day
If you’re off the market and about to get hitched, congratulations! Me and all the Beauty Bebes are so excited for and proud of you! The only beauty products fit for your special day are those of Lexi Noel Beauty. Visit our products page to see all Lexi Noel Beauty has to offer. Check us out on on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for upcoming deals and more tips. For tutorials and vlogs, subscribe to Lexi's YouTube channel.