Galentine’s Instead of Valentine's with Your Closest Friends
Sometimes, Cupid’s aim is a bit off. A dateless Valentine’s Day seems like a nightmare, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth, Beauty Bebes! Even if you’re not celebrating romance this year, celebrate friendship. Make the most out of "Galentine’s Day" instead with a girls’ night out.
Ideas for a Ladies’ Night on Galentine’s
1. Adventures worth documenting. We all have our go-to favorites, but when’s the last time you went to a fast food restaurant that was Instagram-worthy? What I’m trying to say is that you should make this Galentine’s one that will stick in your memory. If it’s Instagram-worthy, the night out will be one you’ll hold close for a long time. Visit a restaurant that’s a bit more adventurous and unique. Cap off the night with an activity your group wouldn’t normally do; if you’re having trouble coming up with ideas, check Groupon for cheap date ideas.
2. A touch of elegance. Galentine’s Day comes only once a year, so take on the special day with a elegant outing with the girls. Start out tonight by being each other’s personal makeup artists. This is a chance to go all out and show how you can transform your friends with just a few enhancements. Zip up that dress you’ve always wanted a chance to wear and head out with the ladies. Splurge at that restaurant you all have always wanted to try, but make sure to book a reservation ahead of time. Once you’ve scraped up every last bit off your plates, head over to your local botanical gardens or the classiest, most scenic venue you can think of.
3. A casual night out. You and your group might decide to ditch the whole Galentine's (Valentine’s) concept, and that’s perfectly fine! There’s nothing wrong with treating this night just like a normal weeknight—if anything, it’s a great excuse to get together. If everyone’s down with a safe option like shopping and eating at a local bistro, more power to you!
3. Throw it back. Remember when you would get together with your girls for a sleepover? Watching iCarly all night, munching on a frozen pizza, and giving each other makeovers—nostalgia is powerful. Sure, this idea isn't exactly a night out, but what can beat tradition? If you have a friendship that runs deep, spend your Galentine’s night with the classics your group is built on.
4. Work it. Whether you’re a gym rat or looking to keep up your New Year’s resolution, take advantage of the holiday by enjoying a less crowded gym. After your workout, go out for smoothies or dessert—you deserve it, after all.
Lexi Noel Beauty—All Things Beauty
Beauty Bebes, view this Galentine's as an opportunity! You're all going to be bachelorettes some day, and this could be your last chance for a proper Galentine's. Make the most of your night with the best beauty products for the occasion: Lexi Noel Beauty. Visit our products page to see all Lexi Noel Beauty has to offer. Check us out on on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for upcoming deals and more tips. For tutorials and vlogs, subscribe to Lexi's YouTube channel.